Data Analyst- Piscataway
Department: Information Technology
• Assisting with administration and reporting on AS400 related hardware and software components, including the DBS system and communications through the CAT network.
• Efficiently extract data into reports that satisfy the user’s needs
• Work on development projects as assigned
• Perform work related to application analysis, design and development functions
• Provide developmental and operational services ensuring optimum system integrity, availability, reliability, performance and efficiency
• Support routine operational tasks such as batch performance, report generation and data backup and recovery
• Follows up on specific application systems developmental inquires or requests to ensure client satisfaction
• Review, analyze, and modify systems including design, coding, testing, debugging, installing and documenting to support an organization's business applications.
• Analyze simple to moderately complex requests and determines appropriate ways to resolve problems
• Support data base development and maintenance as required by the computer application system
• Understanding interrelationship of operating systems and computer application systems
• Meet with IT technical, IT project management and end users to determine deliverables and review results
• 2 year degree in Computer Science or related field
• Minimum of 3 years of business application experience
• Proficiency with AS/400 RPG, COBOL and CL
• Familiarity with AS/400 Query, ASC Sequel, IBM SQL
• Experience in AS/400 operations and MS Network a plus
• Familiarity with Robot, DB2, Job Scheduler, Client Access
• ODBC experience / Microsoft – AS/400
• Familiar with reporting creation and generation
Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of resumes and we are unable to give status updates. If you are selected for an interview, a member of our recruiting staff will contact you. In the event that you are not contacted within a 3 to 4 week period, it is likely that we are pursuing other candidates. We encourage you to return to this website on a regular basis in the event that another position is of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Foley, Incorporated does not discriminate against any person applying for employment based on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, status as a covered Veteran, or any other legally protected status.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60.300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60.741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and protected veteran status, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.