Shop Service Supervisor – Whitehall, PA
Department: Machinery Service
• Work in concert with the quote writer, shop foremen and lead mechanics to open work orders
• Check / monitor customer machine arrivals for repairs and contact that customer or Customer Support Representative (C.S.R.) for details as needed
• Write up machines for needed repairs and prepare quotes in conjunction with C.S.R.
• Follow up with CSR's and /or customer for additional / quote approvals.
• Review work orders to close for all repairs as noted in Areas of Responsibility.
• Submit injury reports, vacation requests, and excused / unexcused time off to HR.
• Follow new employee orientation / new hire guidelines.
• Monitoring and updating the Work Flow program and communicate scheduling, completion dates to Sales Department.
• Communicate with other Fore Persons.
• Contact CSR and Customers when machines are completed.
• Assure credit of returned parts, remanufactured cores, missing P.O. charges, and acknowledgement of back ordered parts.
• Perform weekly and assign daily shop safety and contamination control inspections.
• Complete warranty checklist, be accountable for accuracy and scan into DSI folder when closing applicable work orders.
• Ordering of parts
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum 8 years experience in the heavy equipment industry with progressive maintenance/repair supervisory experience and/or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written.
• Strong project management, time management, team building and leadership skills; ability to work independently and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of resumes and we are unable to give status updates. If you are selected for an interview, a member of our recruiting staff will contact you. In the event that you are not contacted within a 3 to 4 week period, it is likely that we are pursuing other candidates. We encourage you to return to this website on a regular basis in the event that another position is of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Foley, Incorporated does not discriminate against any person applying for employment based on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, status as a covered Veteran, or any other legally protected status.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60.300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60.741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and protected veteran status, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.