Transportation Supervisor – Piscataway, NJ
• Responsible for effectively scheduling and routing drivers to meet delivery times and profitability
• Responsible for timely review, post, and coding of outside vendor invoices
• Responsible for developing and maintaining Centralized trucking KPI
• Responsible for ensuring the transportation departments personnel are professional and follow the company’s rules and regulations.
• Responsible for the training and annual reviews of Dispatchers as well as drivers in the proper use of the Dispatch systems.
• Responsible for Compliance with DOT regulations.
• Responsible for proper permit requirements and how they are obtained.
• Order; Maintain and Dispose of Transportation Truck/Trailer Fleet.
• Those with five to ten years in the industry need a high school degree or G.E.D. Three to five years of direct industry experience is required for those with a college degree.
• Knowledge of general business practices and the roles other departments play within the overall business operations of an organization; solid business/industry acumen and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written along with leadership and team facilitation skills.
• Strong project management, time management and team building; ability to work independently and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point and other position related software.
Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of resumes and we are unable to give status updates. If you are selected for an interview, a member of our recruiting staff will contact you. In the event that you are not contacted within a 3 to 4 week period, it is likely that we are pursuing other candidates. We encourage you to return to this website on a regular basis in the event that another position is of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Foley, Incorporated does not discriminate against any person applying for employment based on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, status as a covered Veteran, or any other legally protected status.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60.300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60.741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and protected veteran status, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.