Facilities Maintenance Technician – Piscataway, NJ
• Be on call 24 hours per day, seven days per week if needed for emergency maintenance, repairs and/or snow removal.
• Perform regular journeyman level repairs in the maintenance and alteration of buildings, grounds and equipment: includes troubleshooting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpentry, masonry and similar construction/ mechanical systems type work, etc.
• Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing. Operation of necessary facility related equipment and/or vehicles with snow removal attachments; includes shovel, plow or snow blower. Operation of forklifts and aerial lifts.
• Plan and manage projects in a timely, effective, and efficient manner. Work from project plans and drawings.
• Maintains tools, equipment and required facility related parts/material stock in an orderly fashion. Moves and assists in office furniture renovations, installations and inventory management. Safely operates required hand, power tools and shop equipment.
• Works with internal customers and regularly maintains Facilities Help Desk requests and assigned services. Provides efficient PM program service and maintenance needs in a timely fashion. Maintains accurate repair records and related documents.
• High school, General Education Degree (GED) and/or Vocational School Diploma is required.
• Minimum 5 years experience in one or more of the skilled trades
• Excellent knowledge of tools and equipment associated with the building and construction trades.
• Thorough knowledge of OSHA standards; ability to operate forklifts, aerial work platforms and other equipment.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written.
Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of resumes and we are unable to give status updates. If you are selected for an interview, a member of our recruiting staff will contact you. In the event that you are not contacted within a 3 to 4 week period, it is likely that we are pursuing other candidates. We encourage you to return to this website on a regular basis in the event that another position is of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Foley,Incorporated does not discriminate against any person applying for employment based on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a covered Veteran, or any other legally protected status.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60.300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60.741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and protected veteran status, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.