Inside Sales Representative – Machinery Product Support – Piscataway, NJ
Department: Machinery Product Support
• Generate leads by cold-calling potential customers from lists generated by Sales and Marketing
• Qualify leads provided such as, walk-in customers, external leads, internal leads, and leads generated from bid reporting system by Business Analyst.
• Collect and maintain customer information, including machines ownership listings, contact information, address, phone, and email addresses.
• Maintain entire library of sales and technical product literature. Promptly provide all customers and potential customers with up to date product literature upon request.
• Outbound calls to drive attendance at Marketing events.
• Follow-up customer service calls after sales to gauge satisfaction with sales process.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the customer service, heavy equipment or rental industry with progressive sales experience and/or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills and practices
• Ability to work with a team and establishing internal/external relationships
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point and other position related software.
Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of resumes and we are unable to give status updates. If you are selected for an interview, a member of our recruiting staff will contact you. In the event that you are not contacted within a 3 to 4 week period, it is likely that we are pursuing other candidates. We encourage you to return to this website on a regular basis in the event that another position is of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Foley,Incorporated does not discriminate against any person applying for employment based on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a covered Veteran, or any other legally protected status.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60.300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60.741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and protected veteran status, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.