Laboratory Technician – Bensalem, PA
Department: Oil Lab - Bensalem
• Collect and sort daily oil, coolant, and fuel sample shipments from customers while maintaining assigned laboratory instrumentation daily.
• Prepare solutions, reagents and standards following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
• Perform instrument calibrations or verifications as per SOP or manufacturer's recommendations.
• Analyze oil samples including the following parameters: water test, dilution, metals, viscosity, particle quantification, particle count, FT-IR, TBN, TAN, fuel, glycols, and microscope analysis.
• Analyze coolant samples including the following parameters: color/clarity, dilution, metals,
% glycol, pH, conductivity, and nitrite analysis.
• Analyze fuel samples including the following parameters: fuel color, H2O/sediment, metals, API gravity, particle count, bacteria/fungi testing, biodiesel, and sulfur analysis.
• Enter all results from each instrument into the appropriate lab operating software.
• Comply with all safety standards for proper handling potentially hazardous chemical sources in the workplace.
• Use universal safety precautions to protect self and co-workers from hazardous materials.
• Maintain and organize daily lab records.
• Six months laboratory work experience or education in either biology, biochemistry, chemistry, physics, or microbiology preferred but not required.
• Intermediate computer skills including Windows based applications, data entry and email.
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of resumes and we are unable to give status updates. If you are selected for an interview, a member of our recruiting staff will contact you. In the event that you are not contacted within a 3 to 4 week period, it is likely that we are pursuing other candidates. We encourage you to return to this website on a regular basis in the event that another position is of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Foley,Incorporated does not discriminate against any person applying for employment based on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a covered Veteran, or any other legally protected status.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60.300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60.741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and protected veteran status, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.