Machinery Service Field Service Supervisor – Whitehall, PA
Department: Machinery Service - Whitehall
• Manage Field Technicians and jobs in progress daily.
• Communicate with CSR’s and CSR Manager regarding the daily workload.
• Review and work with Service Advisor to maintain daily updates in system.
• Review and monitor the daily productivity of the Technicians and weekly expense report.
• Review and monitor weekly overtime report.
• Model and reinforce safety practices, which are consistent with our mission to ensure employees and customer safety.
• Check repair history and open service letters for all jobs prior to starting the job
• Close work orders daily.
• Complete warranty checklist, be accountable for accuracy.
• Perform weekly shop inspections for assigned areas. List all areas/items requiring attention in app and schedule to be addressed accordingly.
• Assure that Technicians are completing their JHA forms, locking and tagging out the machines they are assigned to, wearing all proper PPE and keeping a clean work area daily.
• Perform daily safety observations.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Minimum 8 years experience in the heavy equipment industry with progressive maintenance/repair supervisory experience and/or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word.
Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of resumes and we are unable to give status updates. If you are selected for an interview, a member of our recruiting staff will contact you. In the event that you are not contacted within a 3 to 4 week period, it is likely that we are pursuing other candidates. We encourage you to return to this website on a regular basis in the event that another position is of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Foley,Incorporated does not discriminate against any person applying for employment based on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a covered Veteran, or any other legally protected status.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60.300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60.741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and protected veteran status, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.