Machinery Service Quoter
Department: Machinery Service
• Supply customers (internal, external) with repair quotes and or estimates.
• Schedule incoming jobs and coordinate with applicable Supervisor.
• Alert customers and/or CSR's of machine status and completion.
• Review signed quotes and have Administrator activate quotes.
• Review Cat Inspect inspections, communicate with customer and or CSR and prepare additional quotes as requested and or recommended.
• Maintain service log - input dates on outgoing quotes and incoming signed quotes - alert Supervisors.
• Follow up on all outstanding quotes to obtain approval.
• Follow all company policies, to include all safety policies.
• Complete warranty checklist.
• Code all work obtained from Cat Inspect so that monthly revenue data can be tracked.
• Submit job information to Standard Jobs Coordinator to build up our data base.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the heavy equipment industry with progressive maintenance/repair experience and/or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written.
• Strong project management, time management, team building and leadership skills; ability to work independently and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and other position related software.
Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of resumes and we are unable to give status updates. If you are selected for an interview, a member of our recruiting staff will contact you. In the event that you are not contacted within a 3 to 4 week period, it is likely that we are pursuing other candidates. We encourage you to return to this website on a regular basis in the event that another position is of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Foley,Incorporated does not discriminate against any person applying for employment based on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a covered Veteran, or any other legally protected status.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60.300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60.741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and protected veteran status, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.