Rents Shop Supervisor – Piscataway, NJ
Department: Rents Service
• Distribute, direct, and manage all work performed in the shop
• Prioritize all work in accordance with rental business expectations and commitments
• Review work order for accuracy, close and invoice accordingly while managing the WIP
• Monitor all work orders while the job is in progress to ensure proper write-up and segmentation.
• Review work orders for accuracy to ensure satisfaction of warranty/billing requirements.
• Communicate with rental management on a daily basis to ensure repairs are in alignment with business needs.
• Supervise and maintain service shop appearance. Take actions needed to address any safety and cleanliness issues.
• Provide technical assistance, CAT policy and warranty information to the technicians and Warranty Analyst.
• Maintain focus on Rental Division budgeted goals for rental fleet maintenance cost control and division profitability.
• Perform repairs per quoted job and obtain customer approvals when needed for additional repairs.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Relevant experience in the rental equipment service industry with progressive maintenance/repair supervisory experience and/or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written.
• Experience with DBSi/AS400, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and other position related software.
Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of resumes and we are unable to give status updates. If you are selected for an interview, a member of our recruiting staff will contact you. In the event that you are not contacted within a 3 to 4 week period, it is likely that we are pursuing other candidates. We encourage you to return to this website on a regular basis in the event that another position is of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Foley,Incorporated does not discriminate against any person applying for employment based on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a covered Veteran, or any other legally protected status.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60.300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60.741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and protected veteran status, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.