Technicians for North America
Technicians for North America- Free Caterpillar® Training
Caterpillar is investing in T4NA to help address the critical need for service technicians.
Technicians for North America, also known as T4NA is an absolutely free online program for those seeking a new and exciting career as a service technician. Technicians for North America is sponsored by Caterpillar, the global leader in construction and mining equipment, and by leading North American Cat Dealers.
In just 3-6 months, enrollees can achieve their Certificate of Completion and begin an exciting journey towards a possible career as a well paid and highly valued service technician in the automotive, trucking or heavy equipment industry.
About the Program
Technicians for North America is an absolutely free online program for people seeking a new and exciting career as a service technician. Technicians for North America is sponsored by Caterpillar, the global leader in construction and mining equipment. Caterpillar has created this curriculum using courses from the Caterpillar University Global Service Technician Training program. So you know it’s good!
For the curious:
If you have no previous education or knowledge in this field but are curious to know if it’s right for you, this is a great way to find out.
For the vocational student:
If you are a student in a vocational school pursuing a technical diploma this is a great way to expand your knowledge and add to your resume.
For existing technicians:
If you’re an existing technician interested in getting basic training developed by Caterpillar to improve employability, this may be the perfect solution.
Whatever your motivation… in just 3-6 months you can achieve your Certificate of Completion–a milestone that has value to you as an important step in your pursuit of a career as a service technician.
- All the courses are virtual (computer-based).
- By completing these courses you’ll learn the basics of diesel engines, electricity, hydraulics, power train and much more.
- The curriculum consists of 18 courses: four Introductory courses, ten Level 1 courses and four Level 2 courses.
- Completion time is estimated to take approximately 3-6 months.
- Once you successfully finalize the program you will be able to print out a Certificate of Completion and use it in the market place to improve your chances of landing a technician’s job in the auto industry, the trucking industry or the heavy equipment field. And you can use it to help gain entry into a leading vocational school.
If you fall into any of the following 3 categories, this certificate program may be right for you.